Brass Ms58 rod Ø1.5-60mm solid material 2.0401 round material
- Brass MS58 rod Ø1.5-60mm solid 2.0401 round stock
- TOP quality at fair prices
- High-quality products made to measure and cut to size
- Competent advice & service
- Fast delivery worldwide
|Manufacturer number:||Not applicable|
|Type:||round rod, rod|
|Operation area:||fittings and faucet handles; Screws and nuts; valve body; parts for electrical engineering and general mechanical engineering; cable clamps; pen tips|
|thermal conductivity:||123 W/m K|
|Tensile strenght:||360 MPa minimum|
|Surface:||smooth (may contain handling or storage marks)|
Brass rod with the material number 2.0401 consists of copper (approx. 57-59%), lead (approx. 2.5-3.5%) and a remainder of zinc (approx. 36-40%). The material 2.0401 is good for hot forming, but high hardness and strength of the grade are achieved through cold forming. However, the cold formability itself is limited due to the risk of stress corrosion cracking. Brass round material also has very good machinability and is well suited for soft and hard soldering. Brass round steel CuZn39Pb3 is easy to stamp and can only be mechanically polished (not suitable for electrolytic or chemical polishing).
Due to the lead content, brass round steel can only be welded to a limited extent. The material cannot be welded using the following welding methods: manual metal arc welding, gas welding, TIG and MIG welding. Resistance welding is best suited for welding the grade. Brass round material 2.0401 Ms58 has a relatively low corrosion resistance. In particular, it is not resistant to various salt solutions, organic liquids and water.
Brass round bar CuZn39Pb3 is often used in the following areas:
- fittings and faucet handles;
- Screws and nuts;
- valve body;
- parts for electrical engineering and general mechanical engineering;
- cable clamps;
- pen tips.
Brass round steel is characterized by the following properties:
- very good hot formability;
- very good machinability;
- suitable for soft and hard soldering;
- easy to punch and mechanically polish;
- only conditionally weldable (resistance welding is recommended);
- relatively low corrosion resistance to aggressive media (water, various salt solutions and organic liquids).
documentationData sheet (German)
D - outside diameter