Hafnium sheet 0.1-4mm 99.9% metal plate sheet selectable 100-1000mm
- Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from the stock program or delivery program
- density 10.28 g/cc; Mohs hardness 5.5; melting point 2623 °C; Electrical conductivity 18.7 · 10⁶ S/m
- Available cut or made to measure.
Length tolerance +/-3mm
- Production time - 5-7 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Hafnium is a precious, silvery heavy metal that is very ductile.
A special property of hafnium is that it forms a strong oxide layer when exposed to air, which makes the metal resistant to further oxidation in air, in water or in acids. Hafnium has a high melting point. Powdered hafnium can spontaneously ignite in air.
Pure hafnium is very soft, so it is easy to roll and forge. Hafnium can also be machined. Care must be taken during processing, as hafnium can ignite very easily when it is finely reduced to chips and powder. In the compact state, hafnium does not burn. Its melting point is around 2,000 °C and its boiling point around 5,400 °C. Its density is 13.1 g/cm3.
Hafnium sheets are used in flash light cubes to produce a very bright light. However, hafnium is mainly used for control rods in reactor technology.
Hafnium has chemical properties comparable to titanium and zirconium and can be machined using the same methods as titanium and zirconium.
Properties of Hafnium:
- good corrosion resistance
- high ductility
- very high melting and boiling point
- reactive metal
Main Application of Hafnium:
- nuclear energy
- Electrical engineering
- oil industry
- chemical industry
In the online shop Auremo you will find many rare metals at a reasonable price. Many years of experience allow us to deliver the goods to you as soon as possible.
|Manufacturing Country And Region:||Germany|
|Manufacturer number:||Not applicable|
|Type:||sheet metal, plates|
Mechanical properties (room temperature):
|Modulus of elasticity GPa||bulk modulus GPa||shear modulus GPa|
Physical properties (approximate values at 20°C):
|Density g/cm3||Melting point °C||Boiling point °C||Thermal conductivity W/mK||Electrical conductivity MS/m|
super snelle levering top...
super snelle levering topReport abuse
Bedankt, alles werkte...
Bedankt, alles werkteReport abuse
BEDANKT GOED WERK...
BEDANKT GOED WERKReport abuse