Bronze rod 13-51mm 1090 CuSn7ZnPb Rg7 round bar 2. Profile round steel up to 1 meter
- Wnr. 2.1090; Alloy CuSn7ZnPb; US C93200;
- density 8.8 g/cm³; melting point 1035 °С;
- thermal conductivity 64 W/m K; electr. conductivity 7.5 MS/m
2.1090 is a sliding material with good emergency running properties. The material consists of copper (base), tin, zinc and lead. In addition to medium hardness, it has very good machinability and good corrosion resistance, even in seawater. The material is resistant to non-oxidizing acids and neutral salt solutions. The weldability is bad. CuSn7ZnPb can be easily soft-soldered and electrolytically polished. However, the brazing grade is fair, as is its mechanical polishability.
Bronze rods can easily be bought from Evek GmbH. Other bronzes are also offered at a good price.
Bronze round material with the material number 2.1090 is mainly used for plain bearings in machine and tool construction. Other main areas of application for CuSn7ZnPb are:
- Normal and highly stressed bearing bushes;
- Medium-loaded sliding plates and strips;
- Transmission, rocker arm, stuffing and connecting rod bushes;
- friction rings and discs;
- ship shaft references.